Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

La dolce vita

On Wednesday, my office celebrated our associate director’s retirement after 35 years of commitment to our university and her favorite two things: eat and talk. Talk about a long and dedicated career! The best way to celebrate a person is always through loads of Italian food, Italian desserts and great music. An open bar didn’t hurt either ;)

Putting together this retirement celebration reminded me of my collegiate years and sorority recruitment. I woke up early, work comfortable clothing ready for heavy lifting and getting messy with decorations. Picked up both of my supervisors and drove the event location. Our goal for the event was to create a family style reception where everyone felt comfortable and at home! I think we were pretty successful.

the tables were ment to look like little italian restaurant tables

mason jars full of garden flowers

a dessert bar: mini cannolis, cassata cake and mini fruit tarts

a dessert bar

ricotta cheesecake, tiramisu and cookies
 
The lovely gift we gave our Associate Director to remember us by

The memory table, we invited people to leave their recipes for the sweet life

our recommendations for kathy


me!



unfortunately, steph blinked but its our only picture

my boss and me! together we make the University of Miami's colors

Our office team


Steph, Jo and me


No comments:

Post a Comment