Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Cibo wine bar


I can finally cross of a restaurant from the Miami Spice list I created a week or so ago and boy was it fantastic!

My Top 16 Restaurants to Go Broke At

Peacock Garden Cake
Mercadito in midtown
Lantao
Jaguar Ceviche Spoor bar
Fontana
Amalfi On the Beach
Café Sambal
Armillary Grill
Angelique Euro Café
Cibo Wine Bar
Crave
De Luca Food and Wine
EOS
Mesa
Seasons 52
TirameSu

Because I barely ever drive, I hadn’t noticed that Cibo Wine bar was actually at the center of Miracle Mile and in front of the parking garage we always use. Small world full of lovely restaurants. We went for lunch and I was surprised that we were the only ones there at that time. We were greeted in a warm manner and the young lady who was our server was very attentive and very personable.

The restaurant reminded me on the small little whole in the wall Italian restaurants that Erick and I visited while we were on vacation last winter. It was warm, inviting and smelled of freshly baked bread!
our booth

the view from where we were sitting

my dad, mom, me and Margaret

We, of course, wanted to try everything on the menu and that is exactly what we did! I’m a huge fan of caprese salad( fresh tomato, mozzarella and basil drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar) and any time I see it on a menu, I HAVE to order it. The servings were huge and the mozzarella was creamy and fresh.


the restaurant actually called this salad :mozzarella di bufala



My mother and Margaret both ordered the Caesar salad which was tad heavy on the anchovy paste but equally delicious.

loved the overload of cheese


My dad’s appetizer might have been the best after my salad; he ordered the meatballs in tomato sauce. It was served in a large bowl accompanied by loads of fresh bread!

meatballs! sorry for the blurry picture, my dad didnt want to take the picture


Our main course selections were also very tasty. This time, Margaret and I ordered the gorgonzola gnocchi. Light little balls of potato goodness accompanied by a sauce made of gorgonzola cheese. To my taste it was a tad salty.


My mother ordered the seafood pasta and wasn’t impressed. I didn’t try her main course so I can’t comment on it.


My dad too was unimpressed by his main course of chicken with spinach and other veggies. He said it was a little dry and nothing special that he can’t make at home.  


blurry picture again thanks to dad!


Desserts at Cibo are the most wonderful and decedent treats I have had in a while. I am in constant search for a tiramisu that can top the one from the restaurant Erick took me on our first year anniversary dinner. The one at Cibo came in pretty close. It was cold, creamy and had a lot of chocolate powder sprinkled on top.  I wish it would have had more coffee but beggars cannot be choosers… well except in in the search for the person tiramisu.
dessert one


 The second dessert of the meal was a chocolate bomb which to me tasted identical to a Ferrero Roche chocolate, except ten times better! I would go to the restaurant just for that chocolate ball, their bread with extra virgin olive oil and their appetizers. The Ferrero Roche look-alike dessert had a cookie bottom filled with a chocolate filling and covered with more chocolate. I really cannot find the words to describe how amazing it was! If you go, even if it’s not during Miami Spice, please please try this dessert! You will not be disappointed, I swear!!!!


The Ferrero Roche chocolate bomb!

No comments:

Post a Comment