Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Tiara's and titles

Talk about an emotional overload. Last night was Miss Florida USA 2013 and my little sister, Lelany was competing as Miss Miami Beach 2012. Although I couldn’t be there with her in person as she kicked butt in the competition, I was with her in spirit from Erick’s house.

I have to admit that I cried not once or twice but three times yesterday while watching the live competition. It was so nerve-racking watching her. Last night was her forth pageant ever and she made everyone so proud. I annoyed everyone on facebook with my hundreds of status updates as she exceeded her own expectations and was named one of their top 16 semifinalist out of 73 young women who were competing.

Although she didn’t win Miss Florida USA, she got one step closer to her ultimate goal of being a great role model and leader for young women and for her community. The best thing about Lelany is that she doesn’t care about winning as she does about the experience. Obviously she would have been much happier taking home the crown and representing Florida at the Miss USA 2013 Pageant but she was ecstatic that she made it this far in such a short amount of time. She is truly one of the most genuine and beautiful(especially inside) that I know.  


evening gown walk

being called at top 16, Miss Florida USA 2013 is to the right

hard work at the gym paid off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment