Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday mornings on overdrive


Sometimes Monday mornings are more productive than expected.

I had an incredibly hard falling asleep last night. My mind just wouldn't rest, and for some strange reason I couldn't stop thinking about throwing Erick a birthday party but his birthday isn’t until November so my party planning needs will go unmet for a while.

Maybe I'll throw a barbecue or something soon to get over my need to be a party planner. I found some great ideas on Pinterest for a mini burger bar full of delicious toppings and sauces. I envision little cups full of homemade sweet potato fries and a tartlet made with seasonal fruit.

So far my day consisted of attending freshman orientation to recruit individuals to be volunteers for my disability volunteer program at my office. It’s exciting to see how many volunteers i have been able to recruit throughout the past few months I’m so glad to see that so many people are willing to donate their time and effort to help out complete strangers so that they are successful at school.

After working orientation i had some quite time for breakfast. A friend gave me a few south beach diet protein fit cereal bars because she didn’t like them. I had the chocolate protein bar; it has 9 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber and only 140 calories.  It wasn’t as chewy as I expected. It was actually a little stale and reminded me of a rice crispy bar without any sugar. Of course my breakfast bar was accompanied by a cup of coffee.


The best part of my breakfast was that I found out that one of the ladies from the cafe got promoted to floor manager. I love when great things happen to good people. Lorry is so sweet, always has a smile other face and is willing to help you with anything, even if it’s not part of her job.

There is only 3 more weeks left in the summer semester which means I'm in full study mode. I reviewed for my quantitative statistic final exam and finalized my budget presentation for tonight for another class.  I had to create a budget for an imaginary city of 19500 people. It's actually a lot harder than it seems. You would assume that you just go down a check list and say how much money goes to each subdivision of the city by with all the red tape and bureaucracy it gets pretty tough.

I also got some great news from the English Department but I don’t want to jump the gun and share too much information in case it doesn’t pan out. Crossing my fingers!


No comments:

Post a Comment