Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The countdown has begun!

After running on and off for the past few weeks and being able to continuously run for 2 miles without dying( a huge accomplishment if you ask me!) this week marks the beginning of my 15 week countdown to the Halloween Half Marathon occurring on October 27Th.

I’m still very nervous that I won’t be able to run that far, that fast, or that well for the matter but I will give it the best shot I can. I hope the best I can is to finish the race without having to be taken out in a stretcher. Pretty good goal, right?

I am following a simple novice training plan that gradually adds to my weekly mileage and builds up my endurance.  The whole point is to build up strength and find the motivation to keep going. Ill share my weekly accomplishments every Monday. Here's hoping everything goes as planned.

Week 1:
Sunday - 2 miles
Monday - day off because of school
Tuesday -  2 miles
Wednesday -  3 miles
Thursday - 2 miles
Friday - 3 miles
Saturday - 3 miles

So far, Ive been able to accomplish Sunday's running goal and I am seriously motivated to tackle today as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment