Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Unproductivity at its best

Lately Monday's tend to be a drag, which is a shame since I have always been a Monday fan. When selecting summer classes I had the bright idea that having back to back classes once a week instead of staying late on campus multiple times would be better.

Unfortunately, I didn't take into consideration that I would be working freshmen and transfer orientation every other day, and that the university always has orientation on Monday's(the only day I have class). This means I am work at 7:30am and won't leave the university until 11pm. Pretty smart if you ask me.

Since I knew I was going to be held hostage at school until late, I set my alarm for an hour earlier with the hopes and dreams that I would be able to make it to the gym or go for a run/walk and stay on track with the training for the half marathon. But of course my brain wouldn't let me rest.

When ever I have to be somewhere extra early, my brain goes on hyper drive and a fear of being late sets in. Does this happen to anyone else?

I wasn't able to fall asleep until almost 2am so a 5:30 wake up call was no longer in my future. Instead I woke up at 6:30 and had wonderfully yummy breakfast in an attempt to prepare for the long day ahead of me. Oh our last trip to McDonald's( I know, I know, its not healthy and I shouldn't go but i can't help myself) I finally tasted their oatmeal and I fell in love. So this morning I made my own healthy reason! I used old fashion oats, a bit of cinnamon and half a green apple for some additional tartness. I was perfectly sweet and warm and a great start to my day.

Since I wasn't ale to run today, I used the free time I had to do some research on applications I could us to track my progress and the paths I was taking on my runs. As well as what type of food fuel to use during longer runners I preparation for what I hope I will be able to achieve in the fall.

In my researching efforts, I found an amazing blog, which of course I can't help but share with everyone today. Michelle lives in Alaska with her husband, Craig, and has a blog about her passion for running and a healthy lifestyle: the runner's plate. If you havent read it, I would definitely recommend it. I don't know about you guys, but when I find a blog I really like and can relate to the person, I usually go to the very first post and start reading from there. That way I feel like I actually know the person. Weird but it works for me.

Time is ticking away and as I sit here my classmates are already leaving for class, which means I have to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment