Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Oats in a jar


To sweeten up my morning I made oats in a jar for the very first time.

I had an almost empty jar of Smart Balance all natural rich roast peanut butter  and decided to give it a try.

I made my oatmeal like I normally do except this time I put it in a larger container so that I could easily pour it into the peanut butter jar.

I let it sit in the jar while the peanut butter melted and heated up.

after the peanut butter melted

creamy and nutty


It was extremely rich and very smooth but I think for my taste it was a little too sweet and a little too nutty. But all in all a good and new way of eating oatmeal especially if you are on the go like I was this morning.

Im pretty sure the people on the expressway gave me a funky look or two when they saw me eating something out of a large peanut butter jar but it made for a wonderful way of transporting your breakfast and the best part? When I was done and at work, I could easily throw it away and don’t have to wash any additional dishes. No fuss breakfast = one happy little camper.

 All that sweet and rich flavor for breakfast is now making me crazy something salty and crispy. I guess ill have to wait for lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment