Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Dad

Happy father’s day to the hardest working man I know!

I did not forget about father’s day!!!  I’ve just been incredibly busy with school and work that I wasn’t able to post about my lovely father’s day experience.

My dad is quite the workaholic so having a day just for himself where he didn’t have to do much was interesting.

 He knew exactly what he wanted to do even before we asked him!

 His schedule breakdown of the day included:
  •  Trip to our neighborhood pool supply store( they know him by name)
  • Grocery shopping with my brother
  • Paella making with me
  • Lounging by the pool without a care in the world
  • Watching the heat kick some butt
My dad loves paella, if he could he would make it every single weekend. Unfortunately for him, no one in the family shares the same level of devotion to the rice dish. Since it was father’s dad we humored him and ate  the dish with smiles on our faces. It was actually very good. My dad added additional spices since he knows I complain less about paella when it carries a little heat.

I even have had the leftovers twice for lunch this week at work!

my dad's paella- a rice dish with lots of seafood and saffron

my dad making his favorite dish while wearing a gator's hat- even though none of us went to UF


I know it sounds crazy and my dad hate’s it when I do it but I like adding freshly cut pieces of tomatoes to the dish. I like the difference in texture it provides.

On a side note, I asked my dad if he remembers his first father’s day with children and he said no. I was somewhat disappointed but to be honest the man barely remembers how old he is.

I hope everyone had a great father's day this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment